Early Career Researchers Network of Networks
One of Future Earth’s main partners in early career academic research is the Early Career Researchers Network of Networks. This network of networks facilitates cooperation between early career researchers, organisations, and networks worldwide. It serves as a platform for networks to coordinate, exchange and synthesise information and share experiences among early career researchers in order to address challenges together and to foster professional development.
The network of networks aims to provide a collective voice for international, interdisciplinary initiatives such as Future Earth, the International Council for Science (ICSU) and the International Social Science Council (ISSC). Membership in the network of networks is open to all organisations and networks working or aspiring to work at the global level.
The Network of Network had its second in-person meeting in January 2018 in London. Read more about it here.
The network is currently comprised of seventeen early career researcher networks covering a wide set of topics spanning the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities. They include:
- Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
- Association of Tropical Biology and Conservation capacity building committee (ATBC CBC)
- Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI) ECR network
- Earth System Governance Project (ESG)
- Sustainability and Livelihood Research Organization (Suliver)
- German Network of Early Career Scientists in Future Earth
- Global Colleagues - Academics Stand Against Poverty (Global Colleagues-ASAP)
- Global Young Academy (GYA)
- Ice Core Young Scientists (ICYS)
- International Network of Next-Generation Ecologists (INNGE)
- Institute of New Economic Thinking Young Scholars Initiative (YSI)
- IPBES Young Fellows
- IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law Early Career Group (IUCN WCEL ECG)
- Luc Hoffmann Institute (LHI)
- Network of Early-career Sustainable Scientists & Engineers (NESSE)
- Permafrost Young Researchers Network (PYRN)
- Young Earth System Scientists community (YESS)
- Young Ecosystem Services Specialists (YESS)
If you have any questions about the early career network of networks or would like to be involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.