Future Earth Internship Opportunity (Montreal, Canada)
Location: Montreal (Canada)
Internship period: January 15, 2019 – May 17, 2019 (4 months with possibility of extension)
Employment Type: Part-time, 15 hrs / week.
Salary: $4,000 stipend for the duration of internship.
Supervisor: Hub Manager
About Future Earth
Future Earth is the international research platform providing the knowledge and support to accelerate our transformations to a sustainable world. This international initiative was developed under the auspices of the Science and Technology Alliance for Global Sustainability, including the following international organizations: UNESCO, UNEP, UNU, ISC and the Belmont Forum.
Future Earth is served by a globally-distributed Secretariat that uniquely encompasses five Global Hubs (Colorado, Montreal, Paris, Stockholm, Tokyo) connected through a dynamic, networked structure. The distributed model unites a diversity of perspectives, stakeholders and geographical locations. The Secretariat will work through virtual teams that ensure that the diversity of perspectives and global reach are a daily reality. The Executive Director and Head of Coordination of Future Earth are based in Montreal.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for an intern who is passionate about sustainability and the environment who can support the Montreal office in a variety of administrative and coordination tasks. He/she would be ideally suited to work in a flexible environment under a broad mandate and enthusiastic about lending a helping hand where it is needed. Tasks may include:
- Support the Head of Global Operations in streamlining, standardizing and maintaining processes (including IT tools) between global hubs and other Future Earth entities for effective program operations and decision making;
- Support the Staff Writer in populating and maintaining the Hubspot contact database;
- Support the Administrative Officer and Executive Assistant in filing expense reports;
- Support to Project Coordinator on Futures Colab project;
- Ad hoc administrative and coordination support (writing, research, event logistics, maintaining archives, other).
Candidate qualifications and key competencies
- Spoken and written English. French an asset;
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is able to plan processes and complete projects on time with minimal supervision;
- Detail-oriented, strong writing skills;
- Research skills an asset;
- Strong sense of confidentiality;
- Experience with database systems and other IT communication tools is an asset;
- Sound judgment, tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures and constituents.
This internship is best suited for an undergraduate student based in Montreal.
Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing how their skills and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the name and contact details for two references. Documentation should be combined in one PDF file. Applications should be sent via email with ‘Student Internship’ in the subject line to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is January 2nd, 2019, 23.59 EST. Interviews will be held in Montreal or online as necessary.
DATEDecember 19, 2018
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
World-leading sustainability science and innovations to be featured at the Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress 2021
Towards a Definition of Essential Mountain Climate Variables
New Research on Electronic Waste Reveals a Growing Environmental Problem Exported to Developing Countries