Future Earth Vacancy: Network Lead (Boulder, Colorado)
Job Title: Future Earth Network Lead
Apply here through the University of Colorado Boulder.
The Future Earth Network Lead works to 1) develop and support robust national and global networks of sustainability research and innovation leaders, 2) manage the development and execution of a major, collaborative international meeting series for the sustainability researchers and innovation community, and 3) establish and develop a global, individual-based professional society structure for sustainability research and innovation. The Future Earth Network Lead reports to the Colorado Global Hub Director, and works closely with Colorado Hub and a set of interlocking globally distributed teams.
- Work in collaboration with university centers and leaders, NGOs, the US National Academies, and the private sector to establish and grow a robust, inclusive national network supporting sustainability research and innovation in the US.
- Develop, lead and support funding proposals (in collaboration with the Director of the Colorado Hub of Future Earth and others) to support US network programs and activities
- Manage US network programs, as appropriate.
International Meeting Series Management
Work with our core partner, the Belmont Forum, and a small team within the Future Earth Secretariat, to manage the development of SRI2020 (Sustainability Research and Innovation 2020), the first convening within an international conference series attracting Sustainability researchers, global NGO, public and private sector leaders, multinationals, and key sponsors.
Work will include:
- Establish and support a Program Committee.
- Work with a small team to develop sponsors, partners, and funders for the meeting.
- Work with the Program Committee, the local host, and the Future Earth Secretariat to develop the meeting program.
- Establish and manage a travel grants program to support participation by researchers and innovators from Lower and Middle Income Countries.
Work with a small team at Future Earth and partners from around the world, to establish and support international professional society structure for Future Earth.
Work will include:
- Development of governance structures, development of briefs for the Future Earth Governing Council, establishment of partnerships, development of core member benefits and cost structures, and integration of Future Earth national and regional programs into the member-based structure.
- This position may supervise interns, fellow, and/or student employees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an area related to the work assignment.
- Two years of combined experience in program/project coordination or events management in a professional setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political and geographical differences, with ability to work well with teams from around the world.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly detail oriented with strong ability to manage and support teams towards complex common goals.
- Creative problem solver, self-starter, with strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and trusting working relationships with directors, high-level advisors, administrators, and staff.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in an area related to the work assignment.
- Experience in events management, and program and partnership development – particularly crossing societal sectors (private, public, academic, NGO etc).
- Diverse fundraising experience.
- Competency in sustainability/environmental science.
Apply here by January 23, 2019 through the University of Colorado Boulder.
DATEJanuary 8, 2019
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Earth Commission Co-chair Johan Rockström Wins 2024 Tyler Prize
Future Earth Members Selected as Experts for IPCC Special Report on Cities
Earth Commission Co-chair Joyeeta Gupta Appointed to the UN Group of Ten High-Level Representatives