Apply Now: Strategic Communications Internship (Boulder, USA)
Future Earth is an international platform for research, innovation, and collaboration working to accelerate transformations to a sustainable world. With offices around the world, we harness the experience and reach of thousands of scientists and innovators from across the globe with the goal of solving the most pressing challenges facing the planet and its people.
The Future Earth Strategic Communications Intern will work with the Future Earth Communications Lead, as well as key Future Earth program leads, to help develop communication activities that amplify the voices of Future Earth’s global community of researchers and innovators in policy, business, and non-governmental organizations – all working to generate new knowledge for sustainability. We are looking for an individual who lives and breathes digital media curation and management, enjoys developing creative digital content within a complex, global organization, and thrives on problem-solving under tight deadlines.
This position will be based at the University of Colorado Boulder, where Future Earth staff are hosted by the Sustainability Innovation Lab (SILC) within the Sustainability, Energy, and Environment Complex (SEEC).
The Strategic Communications Intern will assist with:
- Setting strategy for growing followers and building readership for Future Earth’s digital platforms;
- Building a journalist database relevant to Future Earth’s work streams to facilitate press release distribution, media placement for key reports, and other communications efforts;
- Co-monitoring global media coverage of Future Earth products, supported research, and other relevant mentions;
- Writing feature stories, blogs, and other digital products for the Future Earth website;
- Co-managing Future Earth’s various social media channels; and
- Providing ad-hoc support to Future Earth’s growing network of global sustainability researchers.
The Strategic Communications Intern will begin in August 2020 and terminate in December 2020, with a possibility for an extension for the spring semester (through May 2021).
The intern will report to Future Earth’s Communications Lead. Compensation: The internship will pay $20/hour, with a maximum of 20 hours/week.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and brief cover letter to Jon.Walton@futureearth.org by Friday, 14 August, 2020.
DATEJuly 29, 2020
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Future of Washing: Sustainable Laundry Part 7 – Perspective on Household Wastewater
Future of Washing: Sustainable Laundry Part 6 – Perspectives on Hygiene and Sanitation
Future of Washing: Sustainable Laundry Part 5 – Perspectives on Detergent Containers