Vacancy: Research Assistant (Montreal, Canada)
The Future Earth Montreal Hub is seeking a research assistant
Title: Research Assistant
Start date: September
Salary: To be discussed
Duration: 1-year contract
Location: Montreal, Canada
Deadline for application: August 30th, 2020
Future Earth is seeking a research assistant to be based in Montreal, Canada. The Research Assistant will provide support to the Research Manager of the Sustainability in the Digital Age initiative, a partnership with Future Earth, across a number of efforts. This will include conducting literature reviews, supporting the development of collective risk and foresight surveys, data analysis, and report production. The incumbent will also support the design and coordination of virtual or in-person workshops, develop funding opportunities, and conduct targeted research on sustainability in the digital age.
About Sustainability in the Digital Age
The Sustainability in the Digital Age initiative aims to build an international network of collaborators and to leverage the transformative power of the digital age to steer society towards a more sustainable and equitable world. We operate under four main pillars of work:
- Research & Innovation
- Training & Networks
- Policy, Standards, & Best Practices
- Collective Foresight & Intelligence
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Research Manager in literature review and quantitative data analysis on Global Environmental Governance in the Digital Age
- Support the Research Manager in generating figures and graphics, as well as in the synthesis of reports
- Support ongoing research and the development of funding opportunities to expand Sustainability in the Digital Age
- Support design and coordination of virtual or in-person workshops
- Provide support for related initiatives as they emerge
Candidate qualifications and key competencies
- Quantitative analysis skills using Excel, R, SAS and/or other software programs, qualitative analysis skills an asset
- Research experience (e.g. literature review, survey design, data analysis)
- Spoken and written English, French an asset
- Strong writing skills desired
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is able to plan processes and complete projects on time with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, strong writing and synthesis skills
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to sustainability science preferred, Bachelor’s degree will be considered
The position is based in Montreal and is full-time for a year with the possibility of renewal.
As the position is based in Montreal, the applicant requires having a Work Permit for Quebec.
Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing how their skills and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the name and contact details for two references. Documentation should be combined in one PDF file. Applications should be sent via email with ‘Research Assistant’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is August 30th 2020, 23.59 EDT. Interviews will be held online as necessary.
DATEAugust 6, 2020
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Vacancy: Science Lead for the Earth Commission Secretariat (Stockholm, Sweden)
Anthropocene Magazine Issue #5 – Relocate
Future Earth in Transition: An Update from Interim Executive Director Josh Tewksbury