Vacancy: Digital Content and Communications Officer
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary range: $30,000-40,000/year, commensurate with experience
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal
Location: Montreal, Canada (currently remote)
Application Deadline: January 6, 2021, 5:00pm EST
We are looking for a Digital Content and Communications Officer for the Sustainability in the Digital Age (SDA) initiative, and the Future Earth Montreal Hub, a key partner of SDA. This position will report to the Director of SDA and will work closely with the SDA team and the Future Earth Communications Lead. The role entails developing communications content and website upkeep for SDA, providing graphic design for communication and fundraising purposes, supporting the production of global communication products for Future Earth, and developing processes to increase the efficiency of internal communications.
Sustainability in the Digital Age support (50%)
- Develop multimedia content and provide graphic design for different SDA projects and campaigns
- Develop with guidance, external communication products for SDA funders and partners (e.g. bulletins, newsletters)
- Daily maintenance of website content and user accounts
- Development of social media packages for specific projects
- Logistical support for events
- Other responsibilities as needed
Global Communications and Montreal Hub support (50%)
- External communications for the local consortium of funders (e.g. quarterly newsletter)
- Assisting with content development and graphic design of Future Earth global communication products (e.g. contributions to brochures, reports, press releases)
- Assistance with internal communications tools, events tracking, as needed.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing the day-to-day planning and production of website content, website maintenance and social media campaigns
- Comfort with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, and Photoshop preferred)
- Production experience in both print and electronic media (reports, brochures, graphics, video, webinars etc.)
- Ability to manage community user accounts and activity (working with in-house IT resource)
- Ability and desire to take initiative and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Organised, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Knowledge of current issues in sustainability science and digital transformations an asset
- Excellent spoken and written English, French an asset
As the position is based in Montreal, the applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter or sample portfolio describing how their skills and experience meet the requirements of the role. Documentation should be combined in one PDF file. Applications should be sent via email with ‘SDA Digital Content and Communications Officer’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is January 6, 2021, 17:00 EDT. Interviews will be held online.
About Sustainability in the Digital Age and Future Earth
The Sustainability in the Digital Age (SDA) initiative aims to build an international network of collaborators and to leverage the transformative power of the digital age to steer society towards a more climate-safe, sustainable, and equitable world. Future Earth is an international platform for research, innovation, and collaboration working to accelerate transformations to global sustainability. The Montreal Global Hub forms part of the distributed secretariat with global hubs in Sweden, France, Japan, and the US.
DATEDecember 7, 2020
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Nobel Prize Laureates and Other Experts Issue Urgent Call for Action After ‘Our Planet, Our Future’ Summit
Job opening: Director, US Global Hub of the Future Earth Secretariat and Chief Executive Officer, Future Earth US
Future of Washing: Sustainable Laundry, Part 3 – Perspectives on Clothing and Fibers