Future Earth Vacancy: Project Manager – Re-imagining Climate Governance in the Digital Age (Montreal, Canada)
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duration: 9-month contract with possibility of renewal
Location: Montreal, Canada (currently remote)
Deadline for application: March 1 2021, 5pm EDT
The Future Earth Montreal Hub and Sustainability in the Digital Age initiative (SDA) are seeking a Project Manager to drive forward the Reimagining Climate Governance in the Digital Age project. The role entails coordinating the overall timeline of the project, supporting the engagement of the project’s advisory group, leading the organization of two virtual convenings, and directly managing research and content development throughout the project duration. The Project Manager will ideally be well-versed in critical analysis at the intersection of sustainability and digital innovation. This position will report to the SDA Research Manager and be advised by the chair of the International Advisory Group for the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the Reimagining Climate Governance in the Digital Age project
- Liaise with Advisory Group members and other project partners
- Lead the organization of two virtual convenings
- Prepare products such as presentation slides, concept notes, synthesis documents
- Co-develop digital communications products with the Digital Content Lead
- Coordinate and manage the development of project outputs, which include a strategic framework, series of white papers/briefs, and a final report
- Conduct research as needed (e.g. literature reviews, data analysis).
Qualifications & Desired Qualities
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent related to sustainability (e.g., environmental governance, systems science) or technology & society (e.g. science and technology studies)
- Experience with theory of change analysis and development an asset
- Ideally one to two years’ experience working in any of the above fields
- Experience in management, coordination, and/or logistics planning
- Outstanding organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills in English, bilingual French and English preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, and to multitask (i.e., plan and coordinate multiple processes) within established deadlines and parameters
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative research design, data analysis, and data visualization an asset
As the position is based in Montreal, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Quebec.
Applicants to this position are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing their interest in the position and how their skills and experience would help them meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the name and contact details of two referees. Applications – in one combined PDF file in English – should be sent via email with “Project Manager – Re-imagining Climate Governance in the Digital Age” in the subject line to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is March 1 2021, 5pm EDT.
About Sustainability in the Digital Age and Future Earth
The Sustainability in the Digital Age (SDA) initiative aims to build an international network of collaborators and to leverage the transformative power of the digital age to steer society towards a more climate-safe, sustainable, and equitable world. Future Earth is an international platform for research, innovation, and collaboration working to accelerate transformations to global sustainability. The Montreal Global Hub forms part of the distributed secretariat with global hubs in Sweden, France, Japan, and the US.
DATEFebruary 9, 2021
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Achieving the SDGs with Biodiversity: An Integrative Factsheet
Future Earth in Transition – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
New UNEP synthesis provides blueprint to urgently solve planetary emergencies and secure humanity’s future