Future Earth Vacancy: Project Manager, Sustainability in the Digital Age (Montreal, Canada)
Start date: By March 31, 2021
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal
Location: Montreal, Canada (currently remote)
Deadline for application: March 1 2021, 5pm EDT
We are seeking a project manager to lead the development of a new, year-long project for the Sustainability in the Digital Age (SDA) initiative, and the Future Earth Montreal Hub. The mandate of this project is to implement an online dialogue series across the country, focussed on how the digital age is impacting achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, and to increase awareness across Canada of Agenda 2030 and its connection to digital transformations for sustainability. This is a dynamic position suited to a candidate who is comfortable liaising with many stakeholders, who is attentive to detail, and who is enthusiastic about making this dialogue series their own personal passion project. This position reports to the Executive Director of SDA. This project is also being carried out in partnership with the Canadian Science Policy Centre and results of this project must be presented at the November 2021 CSPC annual conference.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement all aspects of the national dialogue series, according to a pre-established mandate, ensuring the mandate is carried out within scope, budget and timeline
- Conduct outreach to supporting organizations and engage partners (non-profits, academic, science-policy, media), and participants across the country
- Manage selection of an online conference platform, and follow up on logistics, testing, etc.
- Oversee students or interns working on related initiatives
- Work with workshop facilitators, communications team, CSPC and others as needed
- Work with subject-matter experts (digital transformations and SDGs) to synthesize project results and prepare recommended policy actions to aid in the achievement of Canada’s Agenda 2030 goals
- Provide support for related initiatives as they emerge
Qualifications & Desired Qualities
- Minimum master’s degree (PhD an asset) in a relevant discipline (e.g. global environmental change, digital transformations, stakeholder engagement)
- 2-4 years’ experience organizing or facilitating workshops, focus groups, convenings etc. with multiple groups
- Knowledge of the Canadian science-policy context and of the Global 2030 Agenda
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills in English, bilingual French and English preferred
- Ability to be autonomous in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative research design, data analysis, and data visualization an asset
As the position is based in Montreal, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Quebec.
Applicants to this position are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing their interest in the position and how their skills and experience would help them meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the name and contact details of two referees. Applications – in one combined PDF file in English – should be sent via email with “Project Manager – Dialogue Series” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is March 1 2021, 5pm EDT.
About Sustainability in the Digital Age and Future Earth
The Sustainability in the Digital Age (SDA) initiative aims to build an international network of collaborators and to leverage the transformative power of the digital age to steer society towards a more climate-safe, sustainable, and equitable world. Future Earth is an international platform for research, innovation, and collaboration working to accelerate transformations to global sustainability. The Montreal Global Hub forms part of the distributed secretariat with global hubs in Sweden, France, Japan, and the US.
DATEFebruary 9, 2021
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Nobel Prize Laureates and Other Experts Issue Urgent Call for Action After ‘Our Planet, Our Future’ Summit
Job opening: Director, US Global Hub of the Future Earth Secretariat and Chief Executive Officer, Future Earth US
Future of Washing: Sustainable Laundry, Part 3 – Perspectives on Clothing and Fibers