Future Earth’s Governance Transition – Governing Council Nominations
Future Earth is restructuring its governance as an important step in its transition towards a more inclusive, accessible, transparent, and transformative organization (more details available here), and is now looking for nominations to populate its soon to be elected Governing Council.
Over the month of July, the Future Earth Assembly has been established with more than 100 members, representing all Future Earth entities. The Assembly will gather for the first time on 29 and 30 September 2021, with the second day dedicated to the election of the new Governing Council.
All Future Earth community members are invited to nominate strategic leaders from the Future Earth Community to serve in their individual capacity as members of the new Future Earth Governing Council. Both Assembly and non-Assembly members are eligible for GC positions.
The following groups will have representation in the Governing Council:
- 3 seats for the Global Research Networks (GRPs and KANs)
- 3 seats for the Regional, National and subnational Committees / Structures / Entities
- 5 seats for the Global Secretariat Hub Boards and Funders
- 3 seats for Early Career Researchers (ECR) at-large
- 3 seats for Sustainability Experts from Low and Middle Income Countries (LIC-MIC) at-large
The Governing Council is the elected and operational decision-making structure of Future Earth, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- overseeing the strategic direction and scientific priorities of Future Earth;
- identifying priority research/practice areas of strength and opportunity;
- overseeing the Secretariat’s operations, including the development and oversight of Future Earth policies and practices.
The nomination of Governing Council members is based on both self-nominations and nominations by others and necessitates completing this form before 10 September 2021.
DATEAugust 31, 2021
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Earth Commission Co-chair Joyeeta Gupta Appointed to the UN Group of Ten High-Level Representatives
Expert Input Welcome for the 2024/2025 Edition of the 10 New Insights in Climate Science
Vacancy: Intern – USA Hub (Paid) – Position Filled