Future Earth Ireland is the national adhering committee for Future Earth Global and is facilitated by the Royal Irish Academy.
The remit of Future Earth Ireland is to:
- Act as a hub for co-ordinating efforts within the remit of Future Earth on the island of Ireland.
- Build awareness of Future Earth amongst members, policy makers, funders and other stakeholders.
- Develop synergies around the Future Earth themes within Ireland for researchers and other stakeholders.
- Help to identify potential sources of national and international funding for researchers in relation to Future Earth and Future Earth themes.
- Coordinate activity across existing and proposed initiatives within universities and in other organisations.