EWACC 2015 – Building Bridges Conference
EWACC (Energy, Water and Climate Change in the Mediterranean) is a new conference series that brings together distinguished scientists with a broad range of expertise, representatives of the private sector, stakeholders, policy makers and high-level officials to advance sustainable development in the MENA region through a constructive Euro-Mediterranean dialogue. This will involve a new, coherent approach to foster a long-lasting partnership between Europe and MENA. It consists of a series of dedicated events addressing the following strategic goals:
- Promoting the next generation of scientists through a dedicated summer school
- Broadening and deepening the Euro-Mediterranean dialogue on grand challenges
- Fostering inter-regional scientific cooperation through team-building/twinning and launching of specific research projects through consortium building workshops.
Scientific Focus of the Initiative
EWACC – Building Bridges will address three major foci:
- Climate Change: quantification, understanding and the specification of mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Food security, water scarcity and sustainable development.
- Renewable (solar) energy, natural gas and the opportunity for hybrid energy systems.
The conference programme will include a session on Future Earth.
DATEApril 10, 2015
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
2022 ECRs in Sustainability Science Webinar: Technology for Cooking-oil Fume Purification
Call for Applications: Capacity Building Workshop for Early Career Researchers