General Assembly of the European Geosciences Union
Geoscientists from all over the world will meet at the EGU General Assembly 2016, covering all disciplines of the Earth, planetary and space sciences. The EGU intends to provide a forum where scientists, especially early career researchers, can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geoscience.
Future Earth will contribute to several sessions of the EGU General Assembly 2016. Find here a selection of these events featuring key representatives of Future Earth. The list will be updated regularly.
“Interdisciplinary Approaches in Climatic Change Research and Assessment”
The objective of the session is to review and discuss the problem of climate change in different dimensions, with a special focus on interdisciplinary approaches. The session will try to find new forms of interaction between disciplines in order to produce innovative results.
Topics to be discussed by researchers of physical, natural and social sciences include, inter alia:
- The link between global climate scenarios and socio-economic developments
- Scenarios for impact studies: from global to local
- Climate services: the relation between scientists and stakeholders
- Climate–societal interactions in the last millennia: can we learn from past experience?
- Socio-ecosystems: towards a comprehensive approach to Sustainability Science
- Climate change and biodiversity
- How to couple physical, ecological and socio-economic models
The event will be held at the Austria Center Vienna (ACV).
The deadline of the call for abstracts is 13 January 2016, 13:00 CET.
You can submit your abstracts here.
More information on the conference can be found here.
DATEDecember 22, 2015
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
2022 ECRs in Sustainability Science Webinar: Technology for Cooking-oil Fume Purification
Call for Applications: Capacity Building Workshop for Early Career Researchers