Global Sustainability Institute Conference 2015: The Interface between Sustainability Research and Policy
Carbon emissions, biodiversity, economic systems, behaviours and practices are being modelled, mapped, observed and studied in an attempt to both understand and influence. But how successful has this been in accelerating our transformation to a sustainable world?
Comprising of high-profile keynote addresses, parallel presentations sessions and interactive workshops, the conference structure is designed to support researchers and stakeholders from across disciplines and sectors to bridge the boundaries of sustainability research and policy development.
Examples of topics to be explored at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Measuring the impact of evidence-based policy making
- Supporting decision making under deep uncertainty and the role of expert judgement
- Where is sustainability on the political agenda for the May 2015 UK parliamentary elections?
- Is it the role of academics to communicate sustainability research?
Registration is now open, early booking registration discount is available until 31st October 2014 at www.anglia.ac.uk/gsi2015
Abstracts are invited from individuals and groups from across all disciplines and particularly encourage from projects completed by, or in partnership with, a non-academic organisation. Deadline for abstracts submission is 23.59 (GMT) on Friday 31 October 2014.
Abstracts are invited for 10 minute oral presentation or poster presentations under five overarching themes:
- Improving the evidence for action
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Sustainability policy in 2015
- Exploring the policy / research interface
- Achieving impact through communication and dialogue
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress 2024
2022 ECRs in Sustainability Science Webinar: Technology for Cooking-oil Fume Purification
Call for Applications: Capacity Building Workshop for Early Career Researchers