International Symposium on Co-design for Urbanization in China and the Asia-Pacific Region
China and the Asia-Pacific region are experiencing rapid urbanization, and sustainable urbanization is high on the agenda of the Chinese government at all levels. A deep understanding of multi-layer and multi-sectoral decision making is needed to facilitate the fastest possible moves towards sustainability.
This international symposium has been planned by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and its partners in consultation with Future Earth and the new 10-year global interdisciplinary science programme on Urban Health and Wellbeing, which is led by the International Council for Science (ICSU), and co-sponsored by the United Nations University and the InterAcademy Medical Panel.
The aim of this conference is to establish international collaboration with Asian-Pacific countries to address the scientific challenges of Future Earth, especially those relating to urbanization, air pollution and health in the region.
The symposium will feature invited talks and discussion on the following topics:
- Impact of urbanization on climate change and weather extremes
- Impact and assessment of climate change on urban health and wellbeing
- Co-design of urbanization by adapting to global climate changes
- Earth system modelling with interactive urban processes
- Understanding how human behaviour can contribute to urban transitions to sustainability
- Urban biogeochemistry, ecosystem health and environmental quality
- Trade-offs and synergies between sectors and across scales in cities
- Urban development strategy and integrated management
- Solutions: institutional, organizational and technological innovations for sustainable urban development.
15th April 2015: Second Circular to be issued (including the list of invited speakers, symposium format, registration, and logistics information)
10th September 2015: Agenda available online
17th September 2015: Deadline for online registration
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
2022 ECRs in Sustainability Science Webinar: Technology for Cooking-oil Fume Purification
Call for Applications: Capacity Building Workshop for Early Career Researchers