Second Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development Practice (ICSDP)
The Conference theme, Advancing Evidence-Based Solutions for the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda, seeks proposals for practical solutions to address the complex challenges of sustainable development at local, regional, and global levels. The aim of the conference is to share and identify practical, evidence-based solutions, that can support the SDSN leadership in shaping the post-2015 agenda. Proposals are welcome across 12 SDSN thematic areas:
1. Macroeconomics, Population Dynamics, and Planetary Boundaries
2. Poverty Reduction and Peace-Building in Fragile Regions
3. Challenges of Social Inclusion: Gender, Inequalities, and Human Rights
4. Early Childhood Development, Education, and Transition to Work
5. Health for All
6. Low-Carbon Energy and Sustainable Industry
7. Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
8. Forests, Oceans, Biodiversity, and Ecosystem Services
9. Sustainable Cities: Inclusive, Resilient, and Connected
10. Good Governance of Extractive and Land Resources
11. Global Governance and Norms for Sustainable Development
12. Redefining the Role of Business for Sustainable Development
Organisers are accepting contributions from academia (faculty, scholars, researchers, and students), practitioners, NGOs, government agencies, international organizations, and private companies. A diversity of stakeholders and perspectives is desirable, as the conference hopes to mobilize the expertise of the scientific and technical communities in a wide range of sectors. A peer review panel consisting of MDP academics and SDSN Affiliates (or the Scientific Committee) will select the best solutions from the submitted abstracts and papers to be presented at the conference.
Abstracts and presenter information should be submitted by 11.59pm ET on May 30 2014.
Notifications of accepted abstracts will be sent by June 17, 2014. Upon acceptance, full papers should be submitted no later than June 30, 2014.
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
2022 ECRs in Sustainability Science Webinar: Technology for Cooking-oil Fume Purification
Call for Applications: Capacity Building Workshop for Early Career Researchers