Our privacy and integrity policy for Personal Data describes what information we collect, how your Personal Data is used, and your rights regarding your Personal Data.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or requests.
Types of Data that We Collect
The Personal Data we collect may include your name, organization, work title, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, and email address. For financial transactions (such as when you request reimbursements), we may also need to collect your financial account numbers and social security number.
We may collect personal data when:
- You sign up to receive communication from us
- You register to join any of the networks that we administer
- You are part of any of our networks
- You are a recipient of support/grants/reimbursements
- You are receiving our newsletter
- You contact us through email, phone, our website or social media
- You sign up/attend a seminar/event/conference
- You leave your contact details to a Future Earth representative during a meeting/event
- You open an email from us or click on a link in an email from us. (Data such as your IP address may be collected automatically).
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you reject cookies or disable cookies, your use of certain features or functions on our Websites may be limited.
How We Use Collected Information
Future Earth processes personal data mainly for the purposes defined below and for any further purpose specified at time of collection.
- To inform you about our work and the work of our networks
- To comply with legal requirements regarding storage of agreements
- To send important information, such as changes in our terms and policies
- To create networks for our organization’s purpose
- To organize event/conferences/meetings
Information that may be disclosed to another party
Future Earth undertakes to have valid personal data agreement with all suppliers.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If we have shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion). If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, that affect you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.