Future Earth vacancy: Coordination and Administration Officer (Colorado)
Future Earth and its partner the Global Sustainability Scholars Program are seeking a Coordination and Administration Officer to support their logistics, administrative and coordination needs. The position will be based out of Future Earth’s offices in Boulder, Colorado, at the University of Colorado Boulder. The deadline for applications is 2 October.
For more information on this opening, see the official announcement here.
Global Sustainability Scholars is a three-year summer experiential learning and internship programme, aimed at supporting and training the next generation of global change leaders in sustainability. The programme trains undergraduate student-scholars from underrepresented groups from around the world in how to conduct transdisciplinary research, an approach to research that incorporates a wide range of voices into the process.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate logistics and procedures involved in the registration, payment, reimbursement, housing, travel and HR processes for Global Sustainability Scholars and Future Earth participants and staff.
- Work closely with the financial officer, University of Colorado travel office and the Future Earth information technology lead on this work.
- Act as a liaison between Global Sustainability Scholars and the International Studies office to help secure J1 visas for foreign students.
- Attend Global Sustainability Scholars and Future Earth advisory board meetings, keep minutes and advise on administrative concerns, in addition to identifying logistical problems and recommending solutions.
Event Planning and Scheduling
Plan events and schedules meetings for Future Earth and Global Sustainability Scholars, including setting agendas, registration set-up, travel and lodging, coordination of official functions, meeting rooms and processing participant compensation.
- Maintain the online calendar and schedules meetings for Future Earth’s Colorado Global Hub Director and serve as the first line of communication for all Global Sustainability Scholars programme business.
- Manage the agenda for weekly meetings, and serve as liaison to other University of Colorado departments, external collaborators and partners.
What you should know:
The Administrative Officer will occasionally need to set up and attend meetings beyond normal business hours (such as an occasional early morning meeting) and respond to logistics requests beyond normal working hours. A moderate amount of travel may be required (no more than 2 weeks per year).
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume/CV by 2 October 2017.
DATESeptember 14, 2017
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Harnessing the Collective Power of Scientists: Future Earth’s 2022-23 Annual Report
Future Earth Seeks Applicants for 2023 Early-Career Fellowship
IPBES Report Provides Evidence, Tools & Options to Help Governments Achieve New Global Goal on Invasive Alien Species