Future Earth vacancy: Science and Engagement Officer (Sweden)
Future Earth is seeking a Science and Engagement Officer to be based in its offices in Stockholm, Sweden. The officer will provide administrative and intellectual support for the co-chairs of Future Earth's newly-announced Advisory Committee.
To learn more about this position and to apply, read the full announcement below:
Future Earth opening: Science and Engagement Officer
Closing date: 16 February 2018. This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Future Earth is a major international programme of research and innovation for global sustainability. We provide international facilitation of research around the greatest challenges facing humanity – and engage policy-makers, businesses and the public in the solutions to these challenges. Our work stretches from climate change and biodiversity to human health and transformation of societies. We work with many of the world’s leading experts on sustainability issues. The Future Earth Secretariat is distributed across five hubs located in Stockholm, Tokyo, Colorado, Montreal and Paris.
We are looking for a science and engagement officer to provide administrative and intellectual support for two leading scientists on the cutting edge of their fields as they connect global research on sustainability to policy-makers, businesses and innovators. The candidate will also support the coordination of emerging projects and activities of the Future Earth secretariat.
The position is based at Future Earth's offices in Sweden, located at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm (close to the University train station).
Future Earth has just appointed a new Advisory Committee and is looking for a science and engagement officer to be based at the Global Hub in Stockholm to support the committee co-chairs. The candidate will provide administrative and intellectual support for the co-chairs as they connect global research on sustainability to policy and practice. The candidate will be at ease engaging with these different sectors and able to make strong and lasting contacts to help promote Future Earth’s global mission to foster science and innovation. The position also includes coordination support for other projects of Future Earth. The position will report to the Global Hub Director in Stockholm.
- Providing project management and coordination support for the secretariat and the Advisory Committee co-chairs.
- Preparing documentation and minutes, drafting briefings and supporting meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Serving as a liaison between the secretariat and the Advisory Committee
- Take a lead in writing project reports, proposals and relevant articles that support advancing the Future Earth mission and bridging science with policy, practice, business and society as a whole.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of partnerships between Future Earth and international partners in research, policy and practice.
- Coordination support for projects and activities of Future Earth.
Applicants are expected to have at least five years of relevant experience in project and partnership management at the interface of science and policy, business or practice.
- Proven project management experience.
- A relevant university degree with a focus on sustainability.
- Good knowledge of global sustainability research and policy issues.
- Excellent ability to synthesise, analyse, write and communicate complex scientific work to relevant target groups.
- Experience of developing and managing partnerships.
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience of coordinating groups in an international context.
- A team player who can work with the distributed secretariat team on a variety of projects.
- Ability to work independently, quickly adapt to fast-changing processes and juggle a complex workload to tight deadlines.
- Strong diplomacy skills and sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Availability to work outside normal working hours and to travel on occasion.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Swedish or other languages an advantage.
- Experience of meeting/event design and organisation.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time permanent position with a probationary period of 6 months. Start date as soon as possible.
Future Earth strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Zlatko Kotevski, email@example.com
Your application should include a CV and cover letter in English, with your motivation and how your experience matches the role, and is due no later than 16 February. Please also include the name and contact details of two referees. Selection and interviews are ongoing. Mark your application with "Future Earth" and send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about the position can be obtained from Zlatko Kotevski +46 708-575 888, at Tresurs Business Development.
DATEJanuary 25, 2018
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Future Earth at Stockholm +50
Future Earth at the Living Planet Symposium 2022
Early-career Researchers in Asia Learn Transdisciplinarity