Job Vacancy: Research Liaison Officer (Stockholm, Sweden)
We are looking for an engaged and knowledgeable Research Liaison Officer to support the delivery of the secretariat’s goals. This is a unique opportunity to impact the way sustainability research and innovation is implemented in an international context.
The position is based at Future Earth's offices, located at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm.
We are seeking a substitute (vikariat) for a Research Liaison Officer position during parental leave.
The Research Liaison Officer role, as part of a team based across the Secretariat, is to liaise with Future Earth’s global research projects and knowledge action networks and support the development of projects and products of the secretariat. It also involves support to the Swedish hub through contacts with local researchers, funders and stakeholders, and through proposal writing.
- International coordination of projects and networks
- Strategic input and analysis for global research initiatives
- Support the planning of Future Earth international meetings and events
- Support particular projects and initiatives e.g. the Exponential Roadmap, the SDG Labs, and/or our research synthesis products the Earth Targets or State of the Planet, depending on skills and experience
The successful candidate should
- Have genuine interest in and excellent command of global sustainability research and sustainable development in an international context
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent on relevant topic(s)
- Have at least three years’ experience since graduation in relevant fields
- Have experience in international coordination of networks or events
- Be able to think and communicate across disciplinary boundaries, and between academia and other societal actors
- Be a self-starter and a consummate collaborator, able to work independently while sharing information among teams in an effective and efficient manner
- Be curious and innovative
- Have strong written and spoken English, preferably also Swedish
- Have a global orientation, be diplomatic, and sensitive to and comfortable with diverse cultures
- Have the ability to juggle a complex workload to tight deadlines.
Your application should include a CV and cover letter in English, with your
motivation and how your experience matches the role. Apply no later than 2
October 2018 to email@example.com adding your name and “ref. 010” to the subject title. Please also include the name and contact details of two references. Selection and interviews are ongoing.
Secondments (e.g. leave of absence from current role) are encouraged.
For queries regarding this position, contact
DATESeptember 19, 2018
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Harnessing the Collective Power of Scientists: Future Earth’s 2022-23 Annual Report
Future Earth Seeks Applicants for 2023 Early-Career Fellowship
IPBES Report Provides Evidence, Tools & Options to Help Governments Achieve New Global Goal on Invasive Alien Species