Future Earth Vacancy: Executive Assistant (Montreal)
Apply by June 3, 2019.
Future Earth is seeking an Executive Assistant to be based in Montreal, Canada. The Executive Assistant will provide support to the Executive Director of Future Earth.
Future Earth Global Hub – Montreal, Suite 1020, 1250 Guy Street, H3H 2T4 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; employer: Future Earth International
Closing date and start of contract
Deadline for application: June 3, 2019
Start: July 2, 2019
2-year contract, with possibility of extension
The Future Earth initiative
Future Earth is the international platform for research, innovation, and collaboration working to accelerate transformations to global sustainability. With offices all over the world, we harness the experience and reach of thousands of scientists and innovators from across the globe.
The incumbent will provide administrative, secretarial and logistical support to the Executive Director (ED), working collaboratively with the Montreal Global hub team and distributed Secretariat. The incumbent will report directly to the Executive Director.
Administrative Support to the Executive Director (75%)
- Assists in the preparation of concept notes, documents, presentations and other materials
- Coordinates and maintains calendar for ED, reconciling conflicts proactively
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings, travel, trainings, and other events (bookings, logistics, travel booklets, follow-ups, etc.)
- Acts as secretary to meetings and calls conducted by or involving the ED (prepares pre-materials, minutes, follow-ups, etc.)
- Maintains filing and archiving systems of documents such as strategic plans and presentations and other materials such as contact lists
- Screens, routes, answers phone calls and responds to routine and non-routine requests with diplomacy and discretion
- Provides administrative and logistical support in relation to the Future Earth Governing Council
- Provides general administrative support as needed
- Carry out special projects for the ED
- Potential to expand tasks as the role develops
- Tracks ED’s travel budget
- Prepares expense reports and invoices promptly
- Administrative support to the Secretariat Executive Team (10%)
- Supports the Executive Team in regular meetings and other communication. Drafts the agenda, drafts and circulates the minutes, ensures follow-up, etc.
- Ensures the uptake of information from the Secretariat to the Executive Team in an efficient and timely manner
Candidate qualifications and key competencies
- Excellent spoken and written French and English
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently, plan processes and manage projects with established deadlines and parameters
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Sound judgment, tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures and constituents
- Availability to work outside normal working hours and to travel on occasion
- Human Resources experience an asset
- Familiarity with international organizations and demonstrated interest in sustainability-related initiatives desirable
- As the position is based in Montreal, the candidate must have a Work Permit for Quebec.
Applicants to this position are requested to submit a curriculum vitae, together with a cover letter describing their interest in the position and how their skills and experience would help them meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the name and contact details of two referees. Applications – in one combined PDF file and in English – should be sent via email with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is June 3 2019. Further information on Future Earth is available at www.futureearth.org.
DATEMay 14, 2019
AUTHORFuture Earth Staff Member
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
Expert Input Welcome for the 2024/2025 Edition of the 10 New Insights in Climate Science
Vacancy: Intern – USA Hub (Paid) – Position Filled
Future Earth Asia Committee Launched, Driving Regional Collaboration for Sustainability Initiatives